Monday, March 15, 2010

How to avoid being clingy

Sometimes, when I like someone, I tend to be clingy with him. I always want to talk to him, see him, and share stories with him. Of course, I like the person that's why I'm interested in knowing him. But I guess, this habit of mine is really unhealthy. My friends even said that I'm PARANOID (Oh yeah, I've heard it for more than 10 times now!). But I can't help it! I always think of negative things whenever he would not call me throughout the day. :(

So to help myself from being a clingy-freak, I googled this topic and I would like to share these steps to those girls (or even guys) who want to change their attitude for a loving and healthier relationship.

HOW TO AVOID BEING CLINGY:


  1. Trust the other person totally. They are not like your ex, and will not do the same thing to you. Not every man or every woman is out to break your heart or steal your money. Relax and do not blow a good relationship because you feel selfish.

  2. Realize that the one you love is in love with who you are. That will not change unless you continue to be selfish and that will only serve to drive that person away. Be yourself, the person they fell in love with and not the person who clings and is selfish.

  3. Keep yourself busy. When you feel like being clingy usually, it is because you are lonely and keeping busy will eliminate that need. Find a hobby, read a book, visit a friend, or clean your house from top to bottom do anything you can do to avoid being selfish. (Or in my case, REVIEW!)

  4. Realize that the one you love has a life which you are a part of. You are not that person's whole life and you should not consume them, for that only brings heartbreak to both of you. Do not try to consume their every waking moment of their life; they have jobs and a life outside of you.
  5. Allow the person to be themselves. You fell in love with that person because of whom they were, and if you cling to them for life support then you are changing them from whom you love. You should never want to change someone you love.
  6. Realize that if you try to control the actions of the one you profess to love, you will lose that person. Let that person be him or herself. For if you try to control they will high tail it out of the relationship, as no one likes to be controlled.

In my case, well I guess I'm still having problems regarding trust issues. Maybe putting up high walls for my defense, is really not a good idea. Eventhough I wanted to give my whole trust to someone, I still have this fear that he might broke it and I will be in pain again. :(

But I'm trying. I'm trying to break the walls and to trust someone again.

I just hope he is true enough and will wait for me when the time comes that I'm ready to be with him. :)





*Oo nga pala. Si Juan ay si Juan at si Pedro ay si Pedro. Hindi sila magkaparehas at magkaibang tao sila.*

4 comments:

classiquefille said...

Very true! hehe Tama lang na gino-google mo.. at kahit papano eh matauhan ka eh, no? hehe

It's not really healthy to be clingy especially if it's exaggerated. Nakakasal at madali ka rin magsasawa.

The key here is to love yourself first. There's still fear in your heart. Most of the men broke your trust that's why you're afraid to give it to someone else. In time, mahahanap mo rin un. Maybe, nahanap mo na? Kaso in denial parin hehe :)

elmie said...

hmmm.. may kilala akong medyo clingy rin sa bf, nakaka-praning kahit nakikinig pa lang ako sa stories. hahaha! i think it stems out from insecurity and too much time on your hands. mahirap talagang mag-trust agad, pero if you keep yourself occupied a lot with hobbies and stuff, at least you won't have time to worry about what your laberboy is doing. hehe!

Anonymous said...

naks gurl.. anong emo e2 hehe...
well wat 2 do.. its their personality 2 b lyk dat! ( at bkt q pinagtatanggol?) coz im 1 of them ;) ahihihi

the_storyteller said...

naku buti na lang shinare mo ito feeling ko may pagka-clingy din ako e sa mga taong malapit sa akin e...