Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Prolonging the agony

Just like what I've written in my previous entry, today, the 26th of the month, is the verdict on whether I got an approval for the licensure examination for nurses here in Dubai. Guess what?

I took a cab going to Dubai heath care city and I arrived there at 10:30 am. I showed them my claim stub and they gave me back my photocopied credentials with a note in front:

REJECTED: Please give us a copy of your professional certificate and licensure from Bahrain.

Oh, yes. I was prepared. I brought all my original documents and I just got a very-well written professional certificate from the hospital I've worked before in Bahrain. I can manage this one. I thought.

I handed over my professional certificate to the Emirati lady who was assessing my documents. But she was still asking for my license in Bahrain which I forgot to bring because I thought it wasn't needed anymore. Plus, I only have the photocopied version of my license. I wasn't able to get the original because I didn't finish the 2-year contract.

Damn. Damn. Damn. I have to go back to our flat to get that piece of paper! I took a cab again. When I was already in our building, I told the driver to wait for me while I go upstairs to get my document. After less than 10 minutes or so, I came back and told him that he had to drop me again in that same building in Dubai health care city. So imagine how much I spent all in all in taking taxi cabs just to get that paper!

But it was all worth it. They approved my papers. Hallelujah!

The Emirati lady was about to give me the schedule of my exam. She was asking whether I will take the regular one which will only cost me 160 dirhams, or the urgent/special one which will cost a whooping 1100 dirhams. I asked her if I would take the regular one, when will be the earliest possible date that I can have the exam. She checked her computer and said, "March 31." Oh my god. That's just too late. The expiration date of my visa is on Valentine's day.

Then I asked when will be the earliest possible date if I take the urgent one. She answered, "February 17." Oh my, oh my. It's still late! 3 days late! Damn! I told her that I'll come back again because I have to talk to my employer about this.



Evening, I went to the hospital and told the doctor about it. He told me to come back tomorrow in Dubai health care city and asked them to fix my schedule of exam for an earlier date than the expiration of my visa. Anyway, that 1100 dirhams will be added on my first salary if ever I became settled here. And he told me to call him immediately if ever I wasn't able to get an earlier date for my exam. He is, by the way, the head of the Ministry of Health in Abu dhabi and Sharjah. But I'm in Dubai. So there. You get my point.



I wanted to cry. I wanted to complain. I wanted to ask, why do I have to prolong this agony? Were my sufferings and misadventures here not enough?

But all I can say to Him at this moment, is thank you. At least I'm still hanging. I haven't won the fight yet, but I'm not yet a loser either. I still have a chance.

God already gave me this chance. I should not just put this into waste.


All I have to do for now is hope, pray, and do whatever I can to make all these possible. Aja!


Update you soon. :)




PS: Multiply the amount above by 12 if you want to convert them into Philippine peso. That's only my estimation, but still expensive, right? All for the love of staying in Dubai!

And yeah, I have to get another quote box/fun box/something. My Bob Ong quotes from Komski expired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its still all good bakla!=D maayos yan - plats

Camille said...

i have chika. ngaun lang ako nag-ol ulit kasi may inasikaso these past few days. buzz me when you're ol :D

Unknown said...

bakla! ok na yan.. atleast sinagot na prayers mo, hindi lang eksakto the way u wanted it to be pero sobrang ok na yan.. kc maganda ung nakuha mong employer plus the fact na khit ndi ka nila kunin pagbalik mo kebs lang kc licensed kna! alam ko naman kayang kaya mong ipasa ung exam mo eh.. aja!! godbless!