Monday, January 4, 2010

Improvised bacon wrapped with apple slices

I just started learning how to cook last year.. haha. And today, since I'm home alone, I decided to make an experiment. We have some turkey bacon left-overs in the ref and I was thinking what else I can do with it aside from frying. I searched the net and found out that it can be cooked with apples. Lucky, we have sooo many apples here because of last new year's celebration. So there, with those two main ingredients, I made an improvised Bacon wrapped with apple slices. :)

What you need:

Butter (I used lard on this one since we dont have unsalted butter)
Onion
Brown sugar (but we dont have so I used white which was okay I guess)
Salt
Pepper
Marjomar (it's some kind of spices. and we have it here in the kitchen. hurray!)
Bacon strips
Apple slices (peeled)


Steps:
  1. Fry the bacon strips in the pan. Don't make it crispy. Just right and still flexible. Then removed it from the pan.
  2. Using the same pan, put lard, onions, salt and pepper, then sugar. Mix it all together until it caramelized. Just add water if needed.
  3. Put on the sliced apples and mix with the sauce.
  4. Put the half-cooked bacon strips and mix everything again.
and voila! My masterpiece. My first-ever non-supervised recipe! :)




It's yummy, really! Haha.. and I'm not exaggerating here. The apple slices are still crunchy and the sauce is sweet and oh so good! :)


I actually enjoyed cooking. Eventhough, of course, I'm still not an expert, especially when chopping onions, but I'm getting there. Maybe this is what I ought to be doing. Maybe I'm meant to be a chef! Haha




PS: Bacon wrapped with apple slices, as the name suggests, the bacon should be wrapped on the apple slices. But since we don't have toothpick here to put them together I just mixed everything in the pan! *grin*

6 comments:

Unknown said...

chef naman ngyon bek?! hahaha! congrats bkla, gnyan lang gwin mo magiging master ka rin sa pgluluto!!! mukha ngang masarap matry nga sa balurr!

Camille said...

hahaha masarap naman kaso sobrang ang oily pala talaga ng lard. nakakasawa na nung huli. hindi ko maalis sa panlasa ko yung mantika.. hahaha

kaya if you'll try this, never use lard talaga!

elmie said...

di ko malaman kung healthy sha o nde, pero mukhang masarap. hahaha

Camille said...

hindi siya healthy!! haha kasi nga marami akong lard na nalagay. at mukha bang edible? hahaha hindi naman yata e. binobola mo lang ako! hehe

cleotie said...

wow! ibang level ka na girl! lumayas ka lang ng Pinas eh bigla kang naging Chef! MAgaling, magaling! inpernes mukhang masarap cya :D

Camille said...

hahahaha.. binobola niyo lang ako e. :P

pero masaya pala magluto promise. :)