Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy 2010

Am I excited for the coming year? Actually, to tell you honestly, no. If I have superpowers I want to freeze everything around me, especially time. Then while everything was stopped, I, on the otherhand, will have all the time to improve myself. But in reality, we are all living in a fast-paced life and we should hang on tight because we'll never know that we might be the only one stranded and left alone.

2009...Hmmmm... I don't know if it's really that bad for me. Well, this year, I had so many confusions in life most especially regarding career and matters of the heart. But this year also gave me the time to spend with my loved-ones and friends. I also had a lot of lessons learned. I think 2009 made me a better person. :)

So for the year 2010, I'm making 30 (20+10) resolutions. I don't usually make New year resolutions because I always end up messing them but hey, it's a new year and a new start for a new me.

My 30 resolutions for the year 2010
  1. Be organized. Just by seeing this resolution makes me want to say, "Ugh!". I'm really a messy person. And I kinda like it that way! haha.. I don't know why but I can't find what I'm looking for if my place is neat. But if it's cluttered like the way I'm used to, voila! It's like I have an x-ray vision of all the things that I needed. But since it's new year and I'm already matured and a better person *wink*, then ok. I'll try to be organized this year.
  2. Don't procrastinate.
  3. Learn how to cook more. Take note, I added the word "more". Before this year started, I really don't know how to cook. As in zero, nada, nay. But because of determination (haha), I learned how to fry sunny side ups and other cold cuts. Just a few weeks after I came here in Dubai, my aunt taught me how to make Sinigang by using lemon instead of the tamarind mix we're used to. I also know now how to cook rice... but by only using rice cooker! Haha.. C'mon, give me a little more time and I know I'll be better someday. I'll be a good home-maker. :)
  4. Do the laundry often.
  5. Make the beddings neat right after waking up in the morning.
  6. Limit using unnecessary websites, especially games in facebook which use a lot of time!
  7. Be more focused. I think I know now where I'm going. :)
  8. Limit criticizing/mocking people. Sorry, I just can't help it sometimes. I know I'm just a human being who makes mistakes, but this is really inevitable. But I promise to lessen this hobby this year.
  9. Take a bath for only 15-20 minutes. I can't help it if I have to use conditioner all the time so it takes an hour at least for me to be finished! Haha. But yeah, I'll cut off my bathing time this year.
  10. Sleep early and at least 8 hours a day.
  11. Eat MORE (if not all) fruits.
  12. Eat MORE (if not all) vegetables.
  13. Drink 8 (if not more) glasses of water a day.
  14. LIMIT EATING SWEETS. I typed it in all caps since I know this is a very difficult task for me. I don't know if I'm having a behavioral disorder about this but I just find myself sometimes battling whether to eat more sweets or not. Like if I tasted a piece of chocolate, after I savored its sweetness for just a few seconds, I crave for more and more until I already finished the whole box! And I always end up losing the battle because I always give in to sweets. :(
  15. Take vitamins regularly and never forget it.
  16. Exercise! Another Ugh! But I really need this because I have scoliosis and everyday now is a problem for me because my back hurts more frequently than before.
  17. Relax and be cool. Stop stressing myself.
  18. Be more optimistic.
  19. Pray more.
  20. Go to mass more often.
  21. Sing with the choir during mass.
  22. Stop complaining. Do the task first and if the task is successfully done, then don't complain anymore.
  23. Call Lola and Lolo more often.
  24. Limit answering back to parents, especially to mom. Oh dear God, please help me on this one.
  25. Always make a plan before making a big decision. Think about pros and cons
  26. Keep in touch with friends and never take them for granted.
  27. Always be a good samaritan and offer help when needed.
  28. DON'T SPEND MORE THAN WHAT I'M EARNING.
  29. Save, save, save money!!!
  30. Learn to accept, be happy and contented for what I have. Stop asking for too much.

So there. I'll just hope this year will bring us more luck, joy, and peace in everybody.



I'll end this one by sharing you an inspirational quote from my God's message application in facebook:

"If you focus on problems, you will have more problems. If you focus on possibilities, you will have more opportunities."



Cheers to all of us for the coming 2010! Happy new year everyone!!! :)




3 comments:

Unknown said...

gawd! bakla ang dami naman non! kaya ako ndi ako ngpopost ng new year's resolution kc alam kong hindi ko rin magagawa hahaha! susubukan ko na lang gwin at hindi ako magpapromise :p

ang dami ko lang sinabi haha!

happy new year bkla! happy new dear narin sana.. :p

Camille said...

haha.. ako kasi kailangan ko ng rules para mas sundin ko. gusto ko na magkaroon direction buhay ko e.. haha


happy new dear? hmm.. pwede rin! haha pero siguro pag naayos ko na career ko.

happy new year too! :)

canky.is.me said...

hongdomeee!!

pareho kmi ni bek, pag ginawa ko kasing resolution nakakapreyshur! eventually, wala di ko na rin nagawa inabot na ko ng siyam siyam hahahaha!

happy new dear? i like din!