Monday, November 30, 2009

Sickly no more


Last Friday I went to my most favorite mall (of course, Trinoma! haha) to buy a couple of kikay stuff, then went to SM North (just on the other side) to check out something in Watsons, and went back to Trinoma to eat ice cream at Iceberg's. Just by going in and out of both malls under the scorching heat of the sun, and experiencing the freezing aircon inside SM Annex, made me exhausted the whole day. While I was in Iceberg's, I already felt I was developing a sore throat but I still ordered their Ola Mocha milkshake. Later that night at home, I was so sick that I couldn't get up to eat dinner. From yesterday until today, I still have colds and fever. :(

Among my family and friends, I'm the unhealthiest and sickly person. Since childhood, there was never a school year that I had a perfect attendance because I always get sick (either flu, stomach ache, dysmennorhea, allergies, etc.). I've always been the child with a weak immune system. I take a lot of vitamins even until now but still, I easily get sick.

That's why being a nurse is such a risky profession for me. And for those who personally knew me, you know why I went back here after a year of working abroad. But don't worry because I already finished the treatment and my doctor gave me a medical certificate.

But eventhough I've finished the treatment, I'm still the girl with a weak immune system. That's why I think I need to change my habits and have a healthy lifestyle.

Here are some of the things that I would be focusing on to strengthen my immune system:

1. Eat fruits and vegetables. I have a confession to make. The only vegetable I eat is baguio beans. Sometimes, Laing (Taro leaves). And the only fruits I eat are ripe mango, banana, grapes, and lansones. (Of course I eat fruit salad but that's already processed! Hehe). So from this day on, I promise to try eating other varieties of fruits and vegetables than having meat alone.

2. Sleep early. I don't know if it's because of my body clock that has not been normalized since I came back here or I'm just a night person. I usually sleeps at around 2 am and then wakes up at 10 am. I know it's still 8 hours of sleep but from what I've learned, sleeping early is much beneficial than just having enough hours of sleep. Here's an article about it.

3. Take a bath in the morning not during wee hours of the night! I usually take a bath twice a day, morning and before going to sleep. So since I sleep late, I also do my second bath late! 12 midnight or past 12 maybe. My doctor said it's very unhealthy and can cause anemia.

4. Take vitamins regularly. Right now, I'm only taking vitamins C and E. My doctor prescribed me a multivitamin but I'm really confused on which is more effective, taking vitamins individually or multivitamins alone? I searched it and found this answer:

Avoid taking individual vitamins and minerals, unless recommended by a health professional. (An additional calcium supplement may be an
exception.) Vitamins and minerals interact with each other in a
delicate balance. Overloading on one or two individual vitamins or
minerals can interfere with the body's ability to use other vitamins
and minerals.”

5. Exercise regularly. I really hate exercising. I'm not sporty either. But since I plan to change my lifestyle, maybe doing a little work-out, like jogging, won't hurt.

6. Keep things in moderation. They say, anything excessive is bad for us. And by this, I'll make another confession. I use 10 teaspoons of sugar in my coffee. And I love salty foods! (I know. Diabetes and increase in uric acid here I come.) So before anything serious happens to me, I'll cut down on my sugar and salt intake.

For now, I'll only have this list. Listing down these goals is a lot easier than actually following it! But I better start now than be sorry for tomorrow.



Goodbye sickly girl and hello healthy me!




-------->>>>> COMMERCIAL: I'm suffering from LSS since last night and this is the reason:

Owl City - Fireflies

Get this Mp3 @ SuperMP3Guide.com

I'd like to make myself believe... that planet Earth turns slowly...

3 comments:

canky.is.me said...

oy ilang months din yun ha? buti naman cleared ka na.. congratz!

grabe hirap talaga pag yung isang bagay eh nakasanayan/di-nakasanayan mo tas biglang kelangan baguhin... di bale, health naman ang nakataya keri na yan!

yung mere na pagkumpleto ng 8-10 glasses a day helpful na. and try mo na ring sanayin yung pag inom ng warm water instead. ;)

Unknown said...

nakakaloka ka! kaya naman pala! dapat atleast 3 times a week kumakain ka ng veggies.. kita mo ako nging sooobrang healthy hahaha! 10 spoons of sugar? *tumbling* bunutin na yang sweet tooth mo :p

ako rin sobrang tamad magexercise ang ayoko ng mga nakakapagod na gawain :p

aja for a healthy living!

Camille said...

@aubrey: oo nga. nalimutan ko yang water therapy na yan. bihira rin ako uminom ng tubig e. pero sige. dagdag ko na yan sa list ko :)

@charee: haha.. oo talaga. OA ako sa tamis. kaya nga babawasan ko na at dadagdagan ang veggies :)