Thursday, November 12, 2009

I hate being old


Not that I'm afraid to have all the signs of aging, but sometimes, being old means you'll start analyzing things and understanding the why's in life.

Take these instances for example:

I have watched Notting Hill about 4 times when I was in high school. All of my aunts and my older female friends cried over the movie except for me. Back then, I was thinking maybe I'm stronger than them being the only one unemotionally attached. But when I have watched it again when I was in college, I cried pathetically with my friends for hours even after the movie had already ended. At that time I already had my fair share of heart aches and love problems that's why I can emotionally relate to these kind of movies.

Same with sad love songs. I have sung Roselle Nava's Bakit nga ba mahal kita song over and over again during my childhood days and never did I shed a tear. But I became a silly cry-baby after singing this again at a videoke party 2 years ago after being dumped by someone.


I also realize, that as I grew older, I became very cautious with my actions. It's like being accidentally wounded by a knife while chopping vegetables. The next time you use it, you'll be more careful because you don't like to be hurt and wounded again.

And I hate it when I tend to overanalyze things when in fact, there's nothing to be analyzed about.

But that's what grown-ups do. Experience helps us understand things in a better(?) perspective.



But would it be much nicer to just stay young and be carefree?



I wish!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sana nga we can forever stay young and carefree... pakagat kaya tyo kay edward? wutchuthink?! hehe

Camille said...

haha.. pwede rin bakla. hay, kapag tumatanda mas maraming problema. samantalang dati problema ko lang paano ko malalamangan ung kalaro ko sa 10-20! hehe

elmie said...

naku, gamitin kaya natin ang virginity soap? baka nakakabata yun. hahahha!

canky.is.me said...

same here. i overanalyze things too. minsan kasi the situation calls for it din, meaning you can't just take things as they are. lalo na pag hindi ka satisfied don sa nakikitang mong result. apparently, dissatisfaction is another sign of ageing muahahaha.