Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Jinxed

Scene 1 (Final interview in a call center):
.
Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.
Me: I'm a registered nurse. I graduated in *Insert name of school here* last 2007. I already worked in *Insert name of Middle East country here* for a year and I just came back January of this year.
Interviewer: So you don't have any call center experience?
Me: No.
Interviewer: Ok, so expect a call from us after a few days. Thank you so much for your time.

But I did not receive any call from them a few days or even weeks after that.
.
.
Scene 2 (Applying as an online English tutor for Koreans. After completing a pronunctiation test via webcam interview, i.e., reading to the interviewer a lot of english paragraphs and dialogues with proper intonations):
.
Interviewer: I'm sorry but we only accept people with online teaching experience.
Me: Ok. (But was actually pissed because why did they have to let me read all those paragraphs and dialogues when in fact, they should have read my resume first!)
.
.
Scene 3 (After a month of taking a drawing exam in an animations company where I would like to work as a cartoonist)
.
Me: (via phone) Hello, I took the drawing exam last September and I would like to know the status of my application.
Receptionist: Ok. I'll just transfer you to the HR department.
Me: (same dialogue as above)
HR staff: May I know your name please?
Me: Camille...
HR staff: (after a few minutes checking their files) I'm sorry but you weren't able to pass our exam.
Me: (Pause) Okay. Thank you. Bye.
.
.
.
Am I really that bad not to have a decent job in my own country?
.
Or should I just go back to where I've started my career? :(

3 comments:

elmie said...

marzie, bket di ka mag-medical transcriptionist? at least in-line sa experience mo. =)

Unknown said...

try lang ng try, hindi mo aakalain na darating ung isang trabaho na ndi mo inaasahan.. wag mawalan ng pag-asa.. gudlak! :)

Camille said...

@emz: may iba na akong plano.. hehe pero salamat sa advice :)

@charee: salamat gurla! :)